APPENDIX 3: POST OBSERVATION STUDENT
TEACHER’S SELF-EVALUATION
FORM (Journal)
Name: _Astrid
Yarleth Trujillo Urriago_ Date: _Monday, April 22, 2019 to Friday, April
26, 2019_
Write a
reflection about the classes you oriented this week (bear in mind the following
aspects: what you planned, what you did, and what you would do differently if you were to teach your lessons
again). Give examples and descriptions of those situations that, in your view,
are relevant to your learning experience.
Third Week: Learning from the Experience
During the third week of my pedagogical practicum, things worked a
little better for me in terms of students’ attention and participation.
Firstly, I had a class with the students from the faculty, level II. The topic I
was to teach was “the different types of communication”. It was a topic, which students were introduced by learning about the verbs of the senses in previous
classes. Therefore, when explaining the topic, students knew what I was talking
about. Although the activities went right, students still did not understand
some aspects. The students’ participation still is a difficulty I have to deal
with. However, when I started using the list to ask students to participate,
some of them were willing to do so. On the other hand, some others were still
unwilling to participate. I had good time management this time. I carried out all
the activities I had planned, explained the topic, and answered and clarified
students’ questions and doubts. For the reading exercise, I asked some students
to read aloud for everyone to follow the reading, after that, I gave them some
reading comprehension questions for them to answer. Students then, read the
text again in pairs and I gave some time for them to answer the questions. When
the time was up, some students participated by reading the questions and
providing the corresponding answer for each one.
Secondly, the next class I had this week was on Wednesday. It was a
class with students from the second level as well. For the classes with this
course, the time has always been a problem since my teaching practice goes from
3 p.m. to 4 p.m., but students tend to leave the classroom early. This time,
students were more focused on my explanations, they made more questions, and
the participation was better than the one for the previous class. As I was
explaining the topic “future tense”, I provided some examples for each form
“will, going to, and present progressive” so that students were contextualized
with each form. When they did not understand the explanation or the examples I
gave them, I tried to give them some related directly to them using them in the
sentences. When developing the while-activity, students were also asking
questions and working with their friends. After some time, we made the review
of the answers and most of the students had all the answers right. However, it
was impossible for me to carry out the post-activity since students had to go
at 3:50. Perhaps, something I would change about this is the time arrangements.
I need to prepare activities that take a little less than the estimated time
given for the class. Finally, my week finished with the news that there was a
civil strike and therefore, my Thursday class was canceled.

No comments:
Post a Comment